location Pan India
problem Confidential Monitoring of Branch & Vault
solution provider Zicom SaaS Pvt. Ltd.
services Infrastructure as a Service
Zicom enjoys the privilege of being the first in the security Industry to provide IAAS – Infrastructure as a Service to a leading Private sector bank in India. This Bank has over 1000 branches PAN India and is recognized for its robust Digital Security for Customer transactions.
After years of experience and investment in state-of-the-art technology, Zicom – pioneers in electronic security have launched innovative electronic security solutions like SaaS – Security as a Service, IoT & AI-enabled security services. As a part of this series of innovation Zicom recently launched IAAS – Infrastructure as a Service.
Since BFSI clients desire the highest level of data confidentiality & privacy where security is concerned, the recently launched IAAS – Infrastructure as a Service by Zicom proves to be the perfect solution.
Bank branch deals with a lot of confidential transactions like gold, cash, loans, deposits, etc, naturally, customers of which few may be HNI would expect the bank to provide the highest level of privacy and security for these transactions.
As security is not their domain of expertise, Banks prefer to out-source the entire security to the third party with requisite domain knowledge. However, the bank is unsure about third party CMS to provide the desired level of data security as they cater to multiple banks who are their competitors
To achieve the above objective banks have 2 options, one is to set-up a captive monitoring station within their premises and second is to outsource it to professionals who would guarantee the desired level of data security & privacy for their customer data
Bank finds it expensive to set-up a captive monitoring station within their premises bank finds whereas the out-sourcing is the perfect solution for the current issues.
As Zicom is the security partner for this private bank for over a decade this Confidential Monitoring of Branch & Vault issue was first discussed with Zicom. Zicom team brainstormed to find an appropriate solution to this need and the IAAS was conceptualized. Within its Command & Control Centre located at Chandivali, Zicom has redesigned its layout and infrastructure to cater to this new service of IAAS to meet the security needs of BFSI customers.
Multiple Captive Command & Control Centers are carved out within the premises of which one was assigned to this Banking Customer. This place is enclosed and is secured with access control & CCTV for surveillance of the monitoring operations internally. Dedicated infrastructure including servers, video walls, monitors, software, networks, etc is provided exclusively for this Bank.
It is operated and manned by Zicom Safety Officers who are professionally trained and equipped to manage and respond to security alerts from the banking vertical. The recruitment process for Safety officers is robust which includes stringent background checks by accredited professional agencies. The officers undergo hand-on training for a month before they are aligned to a specific client.
No cell phones or external storage devices are permitted in Captive Command Centre, a dedicated landline is provided to connect the Team with the client & service providers.
Redundancy for data and video has been built into this solution to avoid any data loss or on account of any breakdowns or failures. Zicom conducts regular audits and reports are submitted to the client.
IAAS service provided by Zicom has proved to be highly cost-effective as this has saved 40% of costs to the Bank that would have invested in setting up their own Command & Control Centre.
location Pan India
problem Tracking Cash Vans and its Surveillance
solution provider Zicom SaaS Pvt. Ltd.
services AI Base Solution for Cash Van, Asset & Personnel Tracking
Cash Logistics Industry deals with the physical movement and storage of currency notes and other valuables on behalf of the banks. This sector caters to approximately 200,000 ATMs for cash replenishment services. There are approx 6,000 cash vans that operate across the country and carry approximately INR 15,000 crores of cash every day. This Industry also holds approximately 4,000 crores of cash overnight in their vaults on behalf of the banks.
Our client is one of the Market Leaders in the Cash Logistics Industry and has over 3500 Cash-Vans Pan India. Besides cash logistics, the company is also into providing Managed Services to the Banking Industry majorly public sector Banks.
Zicom the pioneers in Electronic Industry provides AI and IoT powered Safety and Security solution and utilizes the manifestations of Artificial Intelligence in a way that the entire global growing community can benefit from it. Zicom offers AI tools to BFSI, Retail, SME's, Tech start-ups, Fortune 500 companies, and other businesses.
1. Each Cash Van of the client carries cash from the Banks Currency Chest to the respective ATM's for replenishing cash as and when required, every Van has 5 personnel of which 2 are custodians, 2 Guards & 1 Driver hired on contracts and are paid on working hours basis.
It was a challenging task for the client to compute the net operational time of this staff basis which their monthly payout is done as these workers usually tend to skip the trips, the client is looking for a suitable solution to arrive at the net operational time for workers.
2. The Cash-Vans are supposed to travel as per a defined route to replenish cash, however, it has been observed by the client that they tend to deviate from the pre-specified route and skip few ATM's
3. There have been incidences of Drivers absconding with the Cash Vans and cash loaded in it, which results in huge loss to the company.
4. The client also face issues where they are updated with false reporting on the amount of cash replenished at the specific ATM's and these lapses are detected during audits, by then the concerned cash custodian leaves the organization adding to the losses of the company.
1. Zicom designed a strategic tech stack for tracking Cash-Vans, Asset and Personal, the proposed solution would track net monthly operational time and attendance of personnel which will derive the monthly compensation for each of them. It will also offer asset tracking for the cash bags and link it with NOT (Net Operational Time).
2. GPS tracker for the vehicle is installed in the Cash Vans, thereby generating alerts in the event of the Cash-Van deviating from the defined route or any business unit skipped within the defined route.
3. The proposed solution also provides app assistance which specifies the daily count of ATM replenished and cash loaded in each ATM. The app would have a built-in code wherein our ADEPT engine would extract the data from the respective ATM transaction slips and the total cash loaded at each ATM will be derived.
In case of any deviations, the vehicle can be immobilized remotely using the App. It will also generate alerts in case of no guards in the vehicle.
4. There is a provision for an SOS button in case of an emergency. As a part of the solution, we also propose to equip the van with two cameras for monitoring & surveillance. In the event of any mishap within the vehicle, an alert could be generated. This application is compatible with IOS and Android. The whole tech stack is backed-up by the cloud data storage and will work offline the data later gets transferred to the cloud when the network is available.